With the support of individuals who believe that education is at the heart of their recovery process, we have acquired the following:
- A shelter that temporary accommodates Laker School;
- A piece of land to build and develop the school;
- Registered 240 children in kindergarten classes and in Primary school level.
To date, we have realised the following:
- We started in 2013 with 30 childeren in our school. There are currently 280 children daily going to our school.
- We have 10 teachers, 2 cooks and a caretaker full time employed
- The children receive daily: Breakfast and a full meal
- The children wear school uniforms, so everyone is equal, we have 3 sets for every child every week.
- We have purchased a piece of land to build and to develop a own schoolbuilding
- A local workshop made Tables and Chairs for our school
UKEF believes pre school is fundamental to develop a child's cognitive, language, emotional and social skills upon which they can build their future. That's why we started in 2013 with a pre school programm. Due to the succes of our school we could expand the school in 2014 with the first class of the our primary school.